Eclipse Enterprise for Java (EE4J) is an open source initiative to create standard APIs, implementations of those APIs, and technology compatibility kits for Java runtimes that enable development, deployment, and management of server-side and cloud-native applications. EE4J is based on the Java™ Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) standards, and uses Java EE 8 as the baseline for creating new standards.
Eclipse Ide For Enterprise Java Developers 32 Bit
The mission of Eclipse EE4J is to create standard APIs, implementations of those APIs, and technology compatibility kits for Java runtimes that enable development, deployment, and management of server-side and cloud-native applications. EE4J is based on the Java EE standards, and uses Java EE 8 as the baseline for creating new standards.
EE4J enables the use of nimble processes, flexible licensing, and an open governance process for evolution of the platform. An open process, that is not dependent on a single vendor or lead, encourages participation and innovation, and serves the collective interests of the entire community.
EE4J establishes commonality between its constituent projects by defining an integrated set of standards using common processes and common compatibility requirements. EE4J provides compatibility for existing and new users by providing compatibility across Java EE 8 and EE4J versions.
The success of EE4J depends upon:
Eclipse Machine Tool Solutions
- Rapid transition of Java EE 8 technologies to the EE4J project
- A nimble, flexible and open process for evolving EE4J standard APIs, implementations of those APIs, and technology compatibility kits.
- A strong community of developers, vendors, and end users who support and evolve the EE4J technologies.
- Adapting and evolving EE4J technologies, and delivering innovations that address new requirements of existing users, and that attract new users.
- Meeting well-defined compatibility standards across EE4J implementations, and across Java EE 8 and EE4J versions.
- Enabling competing vendors and complementary technology providers to provide innovations that add value to EE4J technologies.