|This page should be updated due to game changes. Reason: Overview, Screenshots and Logs are in [user]/Documents/EVE/ on Windows now. Launcher itself also has a Profile management feature that may be stored in another location.|
User Settings are not stored Server Side. If you move computer or there is a client crash, preferences may be reset to default, carefully constructed overviews gone, the People & Places organization wiped (though the actual contacts and locations remain).
It is recommended when you are satisfied with your user settings you back them up in case you need to restore at a later date.
How to back up Settings
To keep these settings and preferences for future use or backup, users can make a copy of the cache and settings folders. Locate the folder based on the system below. Within there you will find a (c_program_files_ccp_eve_tranquility) folder or something similar. Back up the contents of the folder. 
Yes it is possible to connect to the steam. But bare in mind, EVE in steam only acts as the launch pad. You can't access the steam home screen in-game when you press shift+tab (by default). However, if you buy the full EVE game on steam whilst you're on trial account, you can then use the CD key given in steam to add on a months play time on your account. If you activate the CD key through the EVE website that is. EVE Online is a free MMORPG sci-fi strategy game where you can embark on your own unique space adventure. EVE's open world MMORPG sandbox, renowned among online space games, lets you choose your own path and engage in combat, exploration, industry and much more.
Press Windows Key + R and paste the following line into the Run window.
Older Versions of Windows
- Windows XP: %USERPROFILE%Local SettingsApplication DataCCPEVE
- Windows XP Steam: %USERPROFILE%Local SettingsLocal SettingsApplication DataCCPEVE
- EVE Online, the award winning massively multiplayer online (MMO) game from CCP, is coming to Steam, a leading platform for the delivery and management of PC games and digital content with over 13 million accounts worldwide.
- My main account is from Steam. I launch EVE via bin/exefile.exe without steam running all the time. Just make sure if it asks you to update ingame that you quit and update via the launcher or else it screws up your game and you have to repair.
- Windows Vista: %LOCALAPPDATA%CCPEVE
- Windows Vista Steam: %LOCALAPPDATA%CCPEVEy
- Windows Vista 64bit: %LOCALAPPDATA%CCPEVE
Eve Online Steam Account Sign In
- Windows Vista 64bit Steam: %LOCALAPPDATA%CCPEVE
- Windows 7: %LOCALAPPDATA%CCPEVE
- Windows 7 64bit: %LOCALAPPDATA%CCPEVE
- German OS will be a variation of %USERPROFILE%Lokale EinstellungenAnwendungsdatenCCPEVE
- MacOS settings are stored here:
Eve Online Steam Account Login
- ^Eve Support, profile management.