Ramming is a last resort tactic in War Thunder which consists of colliding or 'ramming' your vehicle into surface units, water units or enemy airplanes. Contrary to popular belief, ramming was used in World War II by all sides, in all battlespaces, but only as an extreme or last-resort act, due to the high danger to the ramming vehicle. The ramming party often hoped to survive this ordeal. The Heroes of 'Flaming Arrows' are the brand-new ground vehicles equipped with ATGMs: Besides those, even more ground vehicles for all tank nations of War Thunder have arrived! The USA receive a new tank in three categories, namely the experimental T29 Heavy Tank, the medium M48A1 Patton and the light amphibious LVT (A)-1 as a reserve. War Thunder 'Ixwa Strike' - Changelog A new line of South African ground forces, the first Variable Swept Wing jet and over 30 new vehicles are joining the game! New location, tactical air-to-surface missiles and a pilot HUD along with new graphical effects, gunfire sounds for aircraft, and much more! So I unlocked the Sparrow, assigned a key to be able to switch between secondary weapons, and now I cannot fire any air-to-air missiles. Ive re-assigned by fire air-to-air missile key and it still doesnt fire.
- A bug has been fixed where ground vehicles at long distances might be displayed below ground level for pilots.
- A bug has been fixed that resulted in an incorrect splash trail being shown when an aircraft flies at water level.
- A bug has been fixed where a ripped-off canopy might still sound operational when closing and continue to muffle sounds from outside.
- A bug has been fixed where the distance for grass and tree visibility might be reduced after an air battle in ground arcade.
- A bug has been fixed that prevented aircraft repair on an airfield with a throttle over 50%, even if the engines were turned off.
- A sight vignette has been reduced for some ground vehicles of ranks V-VII.
- A bug has been fixed where the camera view in replays from ground simulator battles might be shifted when looking from the player view.
- A GPU estimate error has been fixed where in some cases the game might run in compatibility mode with the lowest graphic settings.
- Custom camos download has been optimized for low speed connections. This will have a positive effect on ping and will decrease packet loss.
Ground Vehicle model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- VT1-2 — a bug has been fixed with the incorrect stabilization for the right hand gun.
- Lorraine 155 — a change place order for the crew has been specified.
- JPz 4-5 — a bug with smoke grenade reload at capture points has been fixed.
- Begleitpanzer 57 — a bug with gunner skill influence on the reload time has been fixed.
- OTOMATIC — a bug with missing overpressure damage for the 76/62 SAPOM round has been fixed.
- ZTZ59D1, T-69 II G — an overestimated time to repair the AA machine gun has been fixed.
- ZTZ59D1 — the mechanics of the first order ammo rack have been added.
- TTD — the wrong display of armour thickness in the x-ray mode has been fixed (report).
- T-64B — a bug has been fixed with missing collateral armour spalls when the armour is pierced near the driver's viewport.
- SU-122-54 — AA machine gun elevation angles have been specified.
- T-10A — AA machine gun elevation angles have been specified.
- Leopard 2 (all series) — overestimated armouring on optical devices has been fixed.
- CV 90120 (all series) — the thickness of the tracks has been specified.
- Chi-Ha Short Gun — battle speed has been removed.
- M134 Minigun — the fire rate of the gun has been specified to 4,000 rounds per minute in rapid fire mode, and 2,000 in alternative fire mode.
- SS.11 ATGM — a bug with missing tracer has been fixed.
Aircraft model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- P-51C-10 — the total ammo capacity has been specified to 1,260 rounds.
- B-24D — a bug has been fixed where elements of a destroyed elevator remained in the air (report).
- B-24D — the ammo capacities of the upper and lower turrets have been specified to 400 and 508 rounds respectively.
- Javelin F.(A.W.) Mk.9 — the ammo capacity of the ADEN guns has been specified to 800 in total (200 rounds per gun) (report).
- Mitsubishi T-2 — JM61A1 gun ammo capacity has been specified to 500 rounds (report).
- Mitsubishi T-2, Mitsubishi F-1 — aircraft weight has been corrected (report).
- P-59A — heavy machine guns ammo capacity has been specified to 600 in total (200 rounds per gun) (report).
- Firecrest — the name of the engine has been corrected from Centaurus-9 to Centaurus-59.
- SB2C-5 — the name of the engine has been corrected from R-2600-8 to R-2600-20.
- PBM-1, PBM-3 — the ‘torpedo bomber’ class has been removed from the info card.
- Swordfish (all series) — class ‘Naval Aircraft’ has been added to the info card.
- Shenyang F-5 — thickness of the armoured headrest has been increased.
- F-4F Early — a bug has been fixed, where some presets with the AIM-9B FGW.2 missile required researched AIM-9E.
- MiG-15bis, MiG-17 — the info card issue has been corrected that classified S-5M missiles as those designed to hit armoured targets.
- Fw 190 F-8 — the info card issue has been corrected that classified Pb2 rockets as those designed to hit air targets. Pb2 rockets now have an armour piercing table available.
- F-4E — the suspended weapon menu bug has been fixed where the number of 750 lbs bombs was incorrectly displayed.
- F-104J, F-4F — a new icon for AIM-9E missiles has been added to the suspended weapon menu.
- Type 99 mod 1 — a bug has been fixed where the armour penetration parameters of the first ammo type, not the most one with the greatests penetration, was indicated for the whole ammo belt.
- AIM-9D — explosive type has been corrected to HMX (report).
- M118 bomb (3000 lb) — filler type and trotyl equivalent have been corrected.
Customization and achievements
- A bug where progress in the battle pass task “Bellum omnium contra omnes” - “Air“ wasn’t being counted when leaving the vehicle in the air event before bomb explosion and enemy destruction ing has been fixed.
- A bug where the “Fire Arrows” award wasn’t being counted when using ATGM, guided air-to-air surface to air missiles has been fixed.
- A bug where the “Rocket craft” award wasn’t being counted when using an AShM has been fixed.
Location and mission changes
- The old “Italy” location is no longer available to play in custom battles and custom user missions.
War Thunder’s Flaming Arrows Update Brings Player-guided ...
- The maximum possible volume of the player’s own engine on their vehicles (ground, aircraft, naval) has been increased. At the same time we have lowered the lower threshold for the volume of their own engine in the sound settings. NOTE! Don’t forget to go to the sound settings and adjust the volume of your engine! This change will allow those who prefer realism to get a more realistic engine volume for their own vehicles.
- The volume of machine gunfire sounds from the player’s ground vehicles has been increased. The volume of the sound of the breech mechanisms in third person view has been reduced.
- The frequency response of the sounds of engines on enemy vehicles has been corrected in order to more clearly determine the direction to the vehicles.
- New sounds have been created for the IKV 103 engine.
- New sounds for the reloading of tank cannons with manual reload have been created. We have used sources recently recorded on the Swedish firing range.
- A new sound of the M61 cannon rotor spinning (ground and aircraft) has been created.
- A bug which caused the sound of a rocket explosion at long distances to be inadequate has been fixed.
- A bug where whilst playing the sound of artillery shells and rocket explosions at the same time, the sound of the former would stop, has been fixed.
War Thunder First Strike
The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.