- 2 Similar Guides
Napalm showed very clearly in his review on the T-10A how he has to play the thing like it's made of glass even in a downtier, equipped with a decent gun at best that only sorta works due to 'Soviet Stronk Ballistik KapsTM.'
What's better than an IS-4? That's right, an mBT-5, and maybe an IS-5 (a.k.a. T10a)Nice to have another heavy added to the game. I personally find it fun to. Well this tanks is the 'Prize' for the Battle pass, its a struggle to use but at 869 silver lion repair cost its incredibly cheap to use. Track 1 Xenomorph b. The T-10A is a premium gift rank V Soviet heavy tank with a battle rating of 7.7 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced during Update 'New Power' as a reward for Battle Pass: Season I. A new set of special prizes is available for the second season of the War Thunder Battle Pass. I did that this season because i wasn't sure to reach T10A. Seeing i will do, i bought it. All answers (7) GuardOfTheSquare. 18 February 2021. 21 P51DMustang, It isnt good enough stop protecting Gaijin.
Believe it or not, but accumulated old nerfs to the very LOLpen ammunition he's complaining about are a large part of why this has gotten so out of hand. Particularly when up against things like the Maus/E-100, there are a lot of vehicles which are either A) unable to frontally pen things due to old nerfs to pen years ago or B) if they pen they do fuck all for postpen damage. Those two points work in concert to drag down stats of thin-skinned lolpen tanks until they drop in BR enough to go totally apeshit, or just never get raised from initial low BRs.
- Most APCR rounds are missing vertical pen, the terrible sloped pen the type has ingame is actually correct for the most part.
- Most APDS rounds are missing vertical pen. Due to all APDS rounds having the same slope modifier for the most part, many first-gen APDS rounds (Bulldog 76, 17pdr, Comet 77mm, 20-pdr, 120mm L1A2, Russian 100-122mm APDS) are actually overperforming in sloped pen when these were really just a different flavor of APCR. Meanwhile, many second-gen APDS rounds are missing sloped pen (105mm L7s of all varieties, especially the M728 rounds, Chieftain APDS, etc). All the 75-84mm size APDS are also rather lackluster in postpen.
- All HEATFS is lackluster or at best decent in postpen ever since a crippling nerf designed to prop up idiots in their then-new IS-6s. This nerf was back in 1.67. 105mm+-size HEAT got a mild rebuff, but smaller-caliber rounds are still very inconsistent, which is how something like an Ikv 91 can remain 6.7 with 400mm pen stock HEATFS and a laser rangefinder.
- All HESH is lackluster these days due to multiple repeated crippling nerfs, when it was doing its job well back in 1.69. The only thing it was doing wrong was ammoracking too easily – real HESH fragments are not hot enough to easily do that. The 2.01 nerf of 'realistic spall patterns' added insult to injury.
- All large HE got castrated very early on in the Germany vs Russia Tank CBT. Then it got nerfed further to try and appease people whining about T-64s and T-80s shooting large HE at turret roofs and hull roofs to nuke MBTs their okayish APFSDS could not easily pen otherwise. Then it got nerfed AGAIN with 'realistic spall patterns' in 2.01.
The other reason why is the frankly stupid mentality of 'I can't frontally pen it anywhere with any shell my tank has, therefore that opponent MUST be overpowered!' When enough people screech about this like whiny children, they drown out sensible arguments from the experienced veteran players, which then condemns all late-game heavies to nothing short of absolute hell.
So How Does Undoing Nerfs 'Fix' Things?
It makes things painfully obvious that lolpen go-karts have proliferated far too much even down to extremely low BRs, and forces uptiering of a large number of tanks. Many tanks in 5.7+ are badly compressed, and un-nerfing ammo types forces decompression of top tier to make sufficient room for the then-necessary changes. Nerf reversion makes the issue so obvious that Gaijin cannot ignore it.
Using some prominent examples:
- Maus: why is it 'unbalanceable'? It's mostly historical foes either cannot pen it at all from any angle due to old nerfs to their best shells, or those that can still pen do fuck all for postpen, making it artificially survivable to the point of utter ridiculousness. Meanwhile if we had something closer to real values, the M4A3 76, Comet, A30 Challenger, and T-44/85 would be able to deal with it in side shots effectively using un-nerfed subcaliber rounds. US 90mm subcalibers would be ideal opponents that can pen it but not so carelessly that it can't angle against to defend itself. The long 90mm would be overkill, as would any larger guns. 20pdrs would be overkill except on the Charioteer. Russian 122s would be able to shot trap or just nuke it with un-nerfed large HE, so they wouldn't be helpless against it but would have to aim.
- The IS-3 and IS-4M would be in a similar spot to the Maus & E-100 – trading side armor and firepower for decent mobility.
Using better ammunition penetration formulae from the WT Official Forum user KillaKiwi, I ran the numbers for the game's shell types and produced the results linked below.
The BR changes produced from numbers like these and ammunition un-nerfs would be dramatic, and reach even down to Tier 1, where German 3sec-reloading 75mm HEAT has roflstomped for eons, and Swedish 37mm APDS was just the final high-speed nail in the coffin of useful low tier armor. It would bring an end to the era of Germany spamming long 75mm PaK40/KwK40/StuK40 L/43-48 in 3.3-4.0 where no other nation has that many platforms with guns of that size at comparable BRs, by un-nerfing their APCR shells so they become an actually potent weapon to use, making the gun closer to US 76s and 17pdrs and French long 75s. It would force mass-decompression of all stabilized 20-pdrs and everything above them.
A lot of work but ultimately worth trying.
- Tormentor tank talk.
Tldr - theory-crafting a necro tank/werewolf with the tormentor set, and capable of doing 20k+ dps - but able to pug up to vet 4-man…
- Idea for tank supports
Tank gameplay in BFV has given me ideas. I think a cool addition to tank gameplay would be to have the ability to play a…
- Reason of State quest
First time posting here and I want some more insight from veterans here. I put in the spoiler tag just in case someone like me…
More about War ThunderPost: 'The T-10A reopens old wounds, but Gaijin has shown they need a reason to decompress BRs. Here’s one possibility – undoing old nerfs to various tank munitions.' specifically for the game War Thunder. Other useful information about this game:
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.
A new line of South African ground forces, the first Variable Swept Wing jet and over 30 new vehicles are joining the game! New location, tactical air-to-surface missiles and a pilot HUD along with new graphical effects, gunfire sounds for aircraft, and much more!
Numerous bug fixes
Numerous bug fixes
In the “Encounter” missions, two AI controlled transport ships have been replaced with an Emden light cruiser and an Admiral Hipper heavy cruiser. The maximum mission time has also been changed from 35 to 25 minutes.
Numerous bug fixes
The overpressure damage issue has been corrected that might have caused no damage to the crew when the vehicle is penetrated by a round of a large calibre with an explosives weight over 200 grams.
The amount of the battle rewards required to complete the “Challenge of Numerius Granonius” has been reduced from 20 to 6.
The direction of launch for the Type 93 has been corrected.
Aircraft carrier decks have been improved.
The max overload to launch AIM-9J missiles has been corrected to 7G.
Reticle for rockets mounted on ground vehicles has been added.
War Thunder T10a Worth It
Changes in sound and bug fixes.