How to set up XAMPP to run Python programs and php on your own computer. Only tested on windows 10.All programs can be run through localhost.
- Creating Login Page Using XAMPP. Login pages are the easiest to create and most essential unit of any website. The best way to build a login system is by using XAMPP and a few text files. As discussed in earlier articles, XAMPP is a software bundle that provides a suitable environment for implementing web solutions and verifying it.
- Python-in-xampp-for-windows: Run python in xampp for windows 18.09.12, 01:45 The setup takes nearly 2 min. Assuming that you have already installed xammp in your windows PC, You can follow the below steps to run python in your localhost.
- LAMP is an acronym for Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP. Each of these components is open.
- Open XAMPP control panel, click on config and go to httpd.conf file search for addhandler and add “.py” without quotation just like in the screenshot (if it’s not added) httpd.conf file Restart the apache server To run a python script: Open any text editor and put this code.
Objective: XAMPP is already installed in a Windows environment and we are accustomed to maintaining websites based on PHP as the programming language. But what about Python?
* Download Python: https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.4.4/python-3.4.4.amd64.msi
* The download directory is C:Python34 (less than 100 MB space requirements)
* In the command prompt enter: set path=%path%;C:Python34
* Check the path: echo %path%
* Check presence of Python (case sensitive!): where Python (outputs c:Python34python.exe)
* Create host py.localhost
* create a file index.py
* On the command-line enter py index.py (outputs “hello world”)
* In order to run the same file in de web browser open the c:xamppapachehttpd.conf file and
* change the line “AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl .asp”
* to the line “AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl .asp .py”
* restart the webserver
* The url py.localhost/index.py should now display “hello world”
Xampp With Mysql
* Python3 is not at all compatible with Python2. Make sure you have the correct documentation in front of you
* Running Python in CGI mode is not at all the recommended way but will do for now. But should it be mod_wsgi? Mod_python? FastCGI? SCGI?
* Better still : http://www.ampps.com/ the XAMPP killer that has Python included by default
* Netbeans has a Python plugin. Instructions here.
In this Python tutorial, we will be working on MySQL database connection with Python. In easy words, we will learn how to connect MySQL with Python program.
So we are going to make this tutorial easy to understand. In order to do that we will separate this tutorial into three parts.
- What we need to connect the MySQL Database with Python.
- Starting Database server.
- The Python Program to establish a connection with MySQL in Python.
With those above three steps, we gonna achieve our goal to connect MySQL Database with Python or Establish a connection between Python program and MySQL Database.
This tutorial is a part of our MySQL Tutorial in Python,
Connect MySQL Database in Python
Let’s take a look at the requirements to build a connection between our Python program and MySQL Database.
At the very first we must need to have a connector. We can use MySQL Connector/Python.
In my previous tutorial, I have described How to install MySQL Connector in Python step by step. If you don’t know how to do this please go through the tutorial.
After installing MySQL Connector/Python start your MySQL Server.
( You may start whenever you want before you run your Python program )
Run MySQL Server
To run or start your MySQL server you can use cmd. If you are using XAMPP server then it will be easy for you as you will see an option to start apache and MySQL both in the XAMPP control panel.
Python program to connect MySQL Database with Python
After staring your MySQL server use the following code to check if everything is alright or not.
host – put your hostname here. In general, you are running on your local machine it will be localhost or 127.0.0.1
user and passwd are the variables to store your MySQL server username and password.
It is recommended to use MySQL administrative password so that you can get all the privileges.
database is the variable to store your database name.
Put your database name here. ( If you want to work with a particular database put the database name here )
So all the required things are now stored in the variable mydb
If everything is fine. You should get an output
Or if anything went wrong you will get errors while executing your Python program.
If you are still having a problem with your connection please let us know by commenting in the below comment section.
Xampp Python Ubuntu
Hi Guys -hope all good. I tried the above code in Jupyter editor however there is no response from MySQL stored in xampp. No errors.
Would the exact file location need to be specified in the code? Thanks.
Thank you for the update – connection to MySQL server was successful.
This error pops up when I try to connect my python to the sql
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:UsersUSERAppDataLocalProgramsPythonPython38-32mysqlconnect.py”, line 1, in
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘mysql’